- To challenge the project timeline.
- Obtain agreement to a revised timeline with accompanying Business Case and Cost Model.
- Complete RFI and RFP processes to determine most appropriate “best of breed” suppliers.
- Commence project delivery with selected suppliers ensuring that they meet their commitments.
- Provide extensive stakeholder management across the business.
The Co-operative Group has developed over 165 years from the merger of co-operative wholesale societies and many independent retail societies; evolving from solely a wholesale operation to a major retailer. The Group’s roots are traced back to the Rochdale Society of Equitable Pioneers, established in 1844, in Rochdale, Greater Manchester. The Rochdale Society of Equitable Pioneers was based on the Rochdale Principles – which notably introduced the idea of distributing a share of profits according to purchases through a scheme which became to be known as “the divi”
What We Did
Provided best practice Project Management, through the introduction of a streamlined project governance structure, ensured that stakeholder management network understood and requested that each business nominated a Subject Matter Expert (SME) that would support the project with regards to business decisions, workshops, product selection and User Acceptance Testing.
Worked with procurement team, based out of their Greater Manchester Head Office, to carry out RFI and RFP process, along with a proof of concept as appropriate, to ensure timely agreement of software supplier. Agreed requirements, business case, revised timeline and revised cost model with senior management and commenced delivery to time, quality and cost.